Dear Parents and Families,
Welcome to 3rd Grade! I hope you all had a fun and restful summer break. I am pleased and excited to have your child in my class this year!
My name is Julie Ann Lucas, and I will be your child’s homeroom teacher for SY 2016-2017. I graduated from the University of the Philippines-Diliman with a degree in Elementary Education. I am currently finishing my Master’s education in the same university, concentrating on Developmental Psychology. I used to be a homeroom teacher at Colegio San Agustin Makati for the past 5 years prior to joining the CISM family.
I am excited at the thought of the many rewarding opportunities this new grade level has to offer. Our class aims to focus on doing fun and exciting activities that will help each and every member to become more independent, responsible, and eager learners. I look forward to working with you in developing your child’s potentials.
In line with this, kindly take note and be guided by the following guidelines for Grade 3-JL class:
- Classes begin at 7:30 am and end at 2:30 pm daily except on Wednesdays. Classes on Wednesdays begin at 8:30 am.
- Dismissal on club days is at 3:30 pm. – Would it be okay to delete this? Some clubs may end up beyond 3.30, so it would be best not to mention it. =)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays are PE days. Since they are scheduled to have their PE class during the first block, your child can come to school wearing his/her PE uniform. Please make sure to send your child’s regular school uniform so he/she can change after.
- Bringing of healthy food and beverage is highly encouraged.
- For your child’s personal belongings, kindly ensure that all of his/her items are properly labeled with his/her name.
- Your child is also required to have a personal hygiene kit which will be kept in the cubbies for them to use when needed. Please provide them with a container that is handy, durable, and compact. Your child’s kit should contain the following items:
- Extra set of clothes (shirt, short/pants, underwear, socks)
- Wet wipes
- Small face towel
- Gadgets and toys are to be kept at home unless required by the teacher for academic purposes.
- Your child will be bringing home a student planner that will contain reminders and home works on a daily basis. Kindly take time to read and sign every day.
- For third grade, your child is expected to do 20-30 minutes of home work. They are also expected to read for 15-20 minutes either independently or with the guidance of a sibling or parent. Both are an extension of what we do in class to develop mastery of skills and concepts as well as to develop good study habits. Projects may also be given within the year, which may be done individually or by group.
- Grade 3-JL will also have a classroom blog (http://cismconnect.org/jlucas) which you can check to get updates on what we have been learning as well as to remind you for upcoming projects and events that the class will take part in.
- If you have anything to share, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a note through your child’s diary. If you would like to speak with me in person, please feel free to make an appointment with the school office (02-798-0011).
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and unwavering support. I look forward to meeting with you soon! Let us work hand-in-hand in ensuring your child’s success this school year!
Yours in education,
Ms. Julie Ann Lucas
3-JL Homeroom Teacher