Dear Grade 3 Parents and Families,
Welcome to 3rd Grade! I hope you all had a fun and restful summer break. I am pleased and excited to have your child in my class this year!
My name is Julie Ann Lucas, and I will be your child’s homeroom teacher for SY 2017-2018. I graduated from the University of the Philippines Diliman with a degree in Elementary Education. I am currently continuing my Master’s degree in the same university, concentrating on Developmental Psychology. This is my eighth year in this profession and my second year here in Chinese International School Manila. I am filled with enthusiasm at the thought of the many rewarding opportunities this new grade level has to offer. Our class aims to focus on doing fun and exciting activities that will help each and every member to become more independent, responsible, and eager learners. I look forward to working with you in developing your child’s maximum potentials.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and unwavering support. I look forward to meeting with you soon! Let us work hand-in-hand in ensuring your child’s success this school year!
Yours in education,
Ms. Julie Ann Lucas
3-JL Homeroom Teacher
Kindly take note and be guided of the following guidelines for Grade 3-JL class:
- Classes begin at 7:30am and end at 2:30pm daily except on Wednesdays. Classes on Wednesdays begin at 8:20am to give way for the weekly faculty meeting. Please refer to the attached homeroom schedule.
- Dismissal on club days is at 3:30pm (with the exception of a few clubs).
- Wednesdays and Fridays are PE days. Since they are scheduled to have their PE class during the last block, your child must come to school wearing his/her school uniform. Please make sure to send your child’s PE uniform and an extra shirt so he/she can change during and after PE time.
- Snack time is at 9:00am while lunch time is at 10:40am. Bringing of healthy food and drinks is highly encouraged.
- Students will also be given time to visit and borrow books from the library. Books can be borrowed and returned every Mondays and Wednesdays during library time.
- Waiting area for early birds (7:00-7:25 am) will be at the Multi-Purpose Hall (MPH). They will have their designated bag area on the first floor.
- Latecomers must secure a late slip from Admissions Office
- Waiting area after dismissal time is at the cafeteria.
SUPPLIES AND NOTEBOOKS:
- Student packet supplies are to be kept in school for the class’ consumption.
- Notebooks will be sent home to be labeled with the child’s complete name and section and should be covered with clear plastic. Kindly return the notebooks on or before August 15.
UNIFORM AND PERSONAL BELONGINGS:
- Students are required to come to school wearing complete school uniforms on Mondays to Thursdays while casual clothes are allowed on Fridays (no immodest style of clothes, expensive jewelry, make-up, hair dye, flamboyant hairstyles).
- For your child’s personal belongings, kindly ensure that all of his/her items are properly labeled with his/her name. Students are encouraged to bring their own water bottles every day.
- Your child is also required to have a personal hygiene kit which will be kept in the cubbies for them to use when needed. Please provide them with a container that is handy, durable, and compact. Your child’s kit should contain the following items:
- extra set of clothes (shirt, short/pants, underwear, socks)
- wet wipes
- small face towel
- All medications are coursed through the clinic and administered by the school nurse.
- Gadgets and toys are to be kept at home unless required by the teacher for academic purposes.
- Your child will be bringing home a student planner that will contain reminders and home work for the day. Kindly take time to read and sign the planner on a daily basis.
- For third grade, your child is expected to do 30 minutes of home work after school hours that is to be submitted the next day. At the same time, they are also expected to read for 15-20 minutes either independently or with the guidance of a sibling or parent. This is an extension of what we will do in class in order to develop mastery of skills and concepts as well as good study habits. Projects will also be given sometime this year which they will do either individually or by group.
- Grade 3-JL will also have a classroom blog (http://cismconnect.org/jlucas) which you can check out to get updates on what we have accomplished for the month as well as reminders for upcomingprojects and events that the class will take part in.
- If you have anything to share, please do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com or send a note through your child’s student planner. If you would like to speak with me in person, please feel free to make an appointment with Ms. Kitin Conchu (02-798-0011).