GRADE 4 JO SCHEDULE
- Timetable attached
- SCHOOL HOURS – 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- WEDNESDAYS – Late Start at 8:20 a.m.
- EARLY BIRDS (7:00-7:25 a.m.) – Students leave their bags in assigned cubby holes outside the homeroom and wait at the Lower School Library.
- LATECOMERS – Students secure a late slip from the Admissions Office.
- DISMISSAL – Students wait at the cafeteria.
- MONDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS – Students wear P.E. kit and bring a CISM shirt.
- FRIDAYS – Students have the option to wear casual clothes. Nail polish, make-up, jewelry (except for stud earrings), flamboyant hairstyles, and immodest style of clothes (e.g., short shorts, hanging shirt/top) are discouraged.
NOTEBOOKS, LIBRARY BOOKS, AND STUDENT PACKET
- NOTEBOOKS – Label, cover with clear plastic, and return on or before August 16.
- ASSIGNMENT NOTEBOOK – Check for notes, sign, and send to school everyday. Homework is assigned only when needed.
- READING LOG – Daily independent reading at home is encouraged by using Library or any available books.
- LIBRARY BOOKS – Students borrow and return books on Wednesdays.
- STUDENT PACKET – Supplies will be kept in the classroom.
- LABEL your child’s things with his/her full name and class.
- WATER BOTTLE should be sent to school everyday.
- HYGIENE KIT – Students leave extra clothes, underwear, socks, small towel, comb/ brush, and apron in a small box or bag at school.
- GADGETS AND TOYS are not allowed at school.
FOOD AND MEDICATION
- Healthy food and drinks (Chips and soda are highly discouraged.)
- MEDICATION – Give this along with instructions to the school nurse.
HOMEROOM TEACHER: Ms. Jerjan May B. Oquendo (Ms. Jerjan) Email: email@example.com
Ms. Jerjan handles the Grade 4 JO Homeroom class and Grade 4 Math and Science classes. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Secondary Education Major in Mathematics from University of St. La Salle with an award in Academic Excellence. She earned her Master of Arts in Education Major in Educational Leadership degree from the same university with High Academic Honors. It is her first year with Chinese International School Manila but she has been in the profession for 10 years. She has experience teaching Math and Science classes to children from grades 7 – 10.
ELA and SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER:Ms. Jesca N. Lagman (Ms. Jesca)
Ms. Jesca is the homeroom teacher of grade 4JL and the Language Arts and Social Studies for both Grade 4 classes. She graduated from the University of the Philippines with a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education. This is her first year of teaching at Chinese International School Manila but it is her tenth year of teaching in the primary level. She has taught 3rd grade for seven years at Multiple Intelligence International School and 1st grade for two years at Mentari Intercultural School Jakarta. She was also a coach and a trainer of the football team in different schools in Manila and Jakarta.
MANDARIN TEACHER: Ms. Verlyn Holaysan Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Verlyn Holaysan is on her seventh year at Chinese International School Manila, and her fourteenth year in the profession. As a lifelong learner, she has attended East Asia Regional Council of Schools (EARCOS) Teachers’ Conferences, International Baccalaureate (IB) workshops and American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) Convention Workshops and continues to learn through online professional development programs.
MANDARIN TEACHER:Ms. Hazel Wong Email: email@example.com
Ms. Wong has been teaching Mandarin for the past 16 years in middle school and high school. She is very passionate about teaching, and firmly believes that learning Chinese and its rich culture is fun and interesting. She speaks English, Filipino, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Fookienese. She earned her Masters Degree in Education from Ateneo de Manila University, and is currently a candidate of another Masters degree in Education of Chinese Language Teaching from Huaqiao University, China. She also holds a Bachelor degree in Education from Jinan University, China, and a degree in Commerce from De La Salle University.
MUSIC TEACHER: Mr. Ronald Peter T. Palma (Mr. Ronald)
Ronald holds a Bachelor of Music Major in Guitar degree from Centro Escolar University. In 2014, he earned his Master of Music in Performance: Guitar Arranging and Orchestration degree at IISF Nagoya Japan. Ronald has been teaching music for more than 15 years. This is his first year at CISM, and he is very excited to share his knowledge and God given talents with his students. He is married and has a son and a daughter.
VISUAL ARTS TEACHER: Nelson Suarez (Mr. Nelson) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nelson Suarez teaches Visual Arts to elementary students at CISM. He is very passionate about creating Artwork and sharing his enthusiasm, skills, and values to educate young students. He also has a background as a Math teacher in the United States, graduated (2006) from the California Polytechnic University of Pomona in Pomona, California with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, and holds a Professional Engineering License. His technical background and life-long interest in the visual arts has enabled him to structure his work and teaching in a very clear and methodical way, making it engaging and fun, simple to understand and emulate. He believes it is important for young students to develop art skills and appreciation; nonetheless, he emphasizes the importance of original work, exploration, idea creation, imagination, expression, and even beauty that visual arts provides to his students empowering them to make a difference in their own lives and the world around them.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHERS: Mr. Zuriel Castro (Coach Zuriel)
Coach Zuriel handles the Physical Education class. He holds a Bachelor of Physical Education degree from the University of the Philippines, Diliman and is taking his Master’s degree in Human Movement Science from the same university. He has been teaching Physical Education for 5 years, and it will be his 1st year teaching at Chinese International School Manila.
DIGITAL LITERACY TEACHER: Zen Martinez Email: email@example.com
Zen Martinez is the current Lower School Digital Literacy Teacher for Grades 1 to 4. She graduated from University of the Philippines. Zen taught Digital Literacy in the Upper School division of Chinese International School Manila (CISM) from 2016 to 2019. She is a Google Certified Educator. Zen loves teaching and learning about Digital Citizenship, Google Apps, Scratch, Makey Makey, Robotics, and MIT App Inventor.