November 29, 2018
For the past few weeks, Kindergarten students focused on the topic: My Body Parts 我的身体. Students learned to listen, speak, read and identify the different body parts. They were also guided to write some words with the proper stroke order. Students learned to recite sentence patterns like:
Students enjoyed singing and dancing with these songs:
October 24, 2018
For the past few weeks, Grade 1 students focused on Lesson 3: A Good Friend ( Easy Steps to Chinese for Kids 2A). Students learned to listen, speak, read and write new vocabulary words and made sentence patterns in class. They also had fun singing “朋友,我的朋友“ and “找朋友.” Students were introduced to PinYin learning the six vowels of the Chinese alphabet and four tones. Below is a link for the Pinyin Song. Students had fun learning Mandarin through playing games, role playing, making sentences, etc. Below are the vocabulary words that we are learning for Lesson 3.
拼音 单韵母: 单韵母歌 Single Vowel Song
Vocabulary Words: 他, 他, 它, 我, 你, 他们, 学生, 朋友, 小学生, 中学生, 高中生, 大学生.
朋友我的朋友 My Friend Song
How fast time flies! We are now on Week 9 of our school year! Kinder classes are having fun and learning a lot from our Mandarin class. Students were able to learn to listen, read, speak and write Mandarin in class. These were our topics for the past few weeks of school:
1. Classroom Rules and Language
2. Basic Greetings and Names (你叫什么名字？；你几岁？你上几年级？) (我叫________. 我四岁. 我上幼儿园.)
3. Basic Chinese Writing Strokes (横,竖,撇,捺,点,提)
4. Polite Expressions (谢谢、不客气、对不起、没关系、请帮我, etc…)
5. Counting and Writing Numbers 1-10. (一到十)
6. Recognition and Writing Family Members using the Chinese language (爸爸、妈妈、姐姐、哥哥、弟弟、妹 妹、爷爷、奶奶、外公、外婆).
7. Mid-Autumn Festival (中秋节, 月亮, 满月, 月饼，灯笼，嫦娥，后羿，赏月，水果）
8. Songs and Rhymes (早上好,早安歌,再见歌,上学歌,数字歌,手指家庭,让爱住我家，如果感到开心，静夜思）
Links for Review: