August 1, 2018
Welcome to Second Grade! I hope you all had a wonderful and restful summer break.
I am Cristina Lagdameo, and I will be your child’s homeroom teacher this year. This is my fourth year at Chinese International School Manila, and my eleventh year in the profession, having taught at various schools in Manila, Philadelphia, and New York City. I hold a Master of Science in Education degree, with a major in Reading, Writing and Literacy, from the University of Pennsylvania’s Graduate School of Education. In addition to this, I am also an AB English Literature graduate from Ateneo de Manila University.
I am very excited at the thought of a promising year ahead, and I look forward to working in partnership with you as we develop your child’s potential. This year will be filled with a multitude of fun activities aimed at helping your child become an independent, responsible, critical and eager learner.
On the following pages are a few general guidelines for the Grade 2-ML Class, as well as the class schedule.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch. You may email me at email@example.com, send me a note via your child’s homework notebook, or set an appointment through the school office (at 02 7980011). I look forward to meeting you soon, and working with you in ensuring your child’s success in the coming year.
Maria Cristina Pilar A. Lagdameo
- School Hours / Schedule
- 7:30 am to 2:30 pm
- 8:20 am late start on Wednesdays.
- 3:30 pm dismissal on club days (some clubs may go on till later).
- Punctuality is emphasized.
- Library Day is on Fridays.
- Attached is a copy of your child’s class schedule for your guidance.
- Personal Belongings
- All items should be clearly labeled with your child’s name.
- Please send a water bottle in with your child each day.
- Gadgets and toys are to be kept at home unless required by the teacher for academic purposes.
- Please send in an apron labeled with your child’s name for his/her use throughout the schoolyear by August 6, Monday.
- Personal Hygiene Kit
Each student is required to have a personal hygiene kit, which will be kept in their classroom cubbies for them to use when needed. Please use a container that is durable and compact. This kit should contain the following items, each clearly labeled with your child’s name:
ü extra set of clothes (shirt, shorts/pants, underwear, socks)
ü insect repellant
ü wet wipes
ü small face towel
- Please label and cover your child’s notebooks with plastic, and send them back to school by Monday, August 6.
- Snack and Lunch
- Healthy food and drinks are encouraged.
- Please refrain from sending junk food or soda.
- P.E. days are Tuesdays and Fridays. As their P.E. class is during the first block, they may come to school in their uniform. Please ensure that you send their regular school uniform so that they may change after P.E. class.
- Friday is casual dress day. We do not want to restrict your child in terms of their clothing choice for Fridays; however, for safety purposes, we encourage them to ensure their choice in footwear will enable them to participate in the day’s class activities.
- Should your child need any medication, please ensure that it is left with our School Nurse at the Clinic on the first floor. Only the School Nurse is allowed to administer medication.
- Home-School Communication