In collaboration with Dr. Fernandez, the final alternative assessment for 9th Graders this semester was a presentation about the water pollution in Taguig. Students were tasked to use Prezi and should incorporate the different technology taught during the semester.
The task aimed to achieve the following ISTE Standards for Students:
Creativity & Innovation - use a variety of media and formats to design, develop, publish, and present projects;
Communication & Collaboration -
- use available technologies (e.g., desktop conferencing, e-mail, videoconferencing, instant messaging) to communicate with others on a class assignment or project;
- collaborate in content-related projects that integrate a variety of media (e.g., print, audio, video, graphic, simulations, and models);
- plan and implement a collaborative project using telecommunications tools (e.g., discussion boards, online groups, groupware, interactive web sites, videoconferencing)
- develop a plan to gather information using various research strategies (e.g., interviews, questionnaires, experiments, online surveys;
- identify, evaluate, and select appropriate online sources to answer content related questions;
- evaluate information found in selected online sources on the basis of accuracy and validity
- create appropriate citations for resources when presenting research findings;
- discuss and adhere to fair use policies and copyright guidelines.
Here are the final Prezis presented: