Welcome to Nursery! My name is Ms. Mackey Molina, and I am going to be the Nursery teacher this year. I am looking forward to having your children in my class.
I graduated from University of Santo Tomas with a degree in BS Psychology and took my Certification for Professional Teaching in Miriam College. It is my third year here in Chinese International School Manila, and my seventh year in this profession.
A day in Nursery begins as we gather in the carpet to discuss activities and share information about new experiences. This is then followed by singing songs and moving around – to set the pace for learning through different subject areas. After lunch, we have time to rest and take a nap. This will energize the students as they continue the rest of the day with more fun and learning. Play is important in the development of every child; it is an essential part in early learning and we provide this as often as possible. I believe that children learn best when they relate learning materials to meaningful experiences. The children will have opportunities to play together before going home. We end our day with an afternoon carpet time to wrap up and bid our teachers and friends farewell.
We look forward to a wonderful year of exploring and learning with your child. Please make sure that you read and sign your child’s Communication Notebook daily. This is where I will communicate with you by way of note, reminder or concerns that I have about your child and I invite you to do the same. You may contact me any time via email firstname.lastname@example.org or set an appointment at the Admissions office through Ms. Kitin Conchu 632-798-0011 Local 103 or 116, alternatively you may also send her an email at email@example.com.
Thank you for entrusting your children with us. Rest assured that their best interest is our primary goal.
Here are some other things we’d like you to take note of:
- School Hours – 7:30 AM – 2:15 PM
- WEDNESDAYS – LATE START at 8:20 AM
- CLUB DAY – dismissal at 3:30 PM (with exception of a few clubs)
- EARLY BIRDS (7:00-7:25 AM) – waiting area will be at the Multi-Purpose Hall (MPH)
- LATE COMERS – secure a late slip from Admissions Office
- DISMISSAL – waiting area at the Nursery Classroom or Pre-Kinder Classroom
- MONDAYS AND THURSDAYS – your child can come to school wearing P.E. uniform
- FRIDAYS – appropriate civilian clothes
- LABELED with child’s name
- WATER BOTTLE – send EVERYDAY
- EXTRA UNIFORM TOP – send EVERYDAY
- GROOMING KIT – extra clothes, underwear, socks, towel, comb/brush, baby cologne/powder, alcohol, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste and a cup placed in a small box or bag to be left at school
- Pillow and Blanket for Nap Time – to be left at school
- GADGETS AND TOYS – NOT ALLOWED unless required by a teacher for academic purposes
SUPPLIES AND NOTEBOOKS
- STUDENT PACKET SUPPLIES – to be kept at school
- NOTEBOOKS – labeled and covered with clear plastic
FOOD AND MEDICATION
- HEALTHY food and drinks
- MEDICATION AND INSTRUCTIONS – given to the school nurse
- COMMUNICATION NOTEBOOK – check for notes, sign, and send to school EVERYDAY
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org