Welcome to Nursery! My name is Ms. Mackey Molina, and I am going to be the Nursery teacher this year. I am looking forward to having your children in my class.
I graduated from University of Santo Tomas with a degree in BS Psychology and took my Certification for Professional Teaching in Miriam College. It is my fourth year here in Chinese International School Manila, and my eighth year in this profession.
A day in Nursery begins as we gather in the carpet to discuss activities and share information about new experiences. This is then followed by singing songs and moving around – to set the pace for learning through different subject areas. After lunch, we have time to rest and take a nap. This will energize the students as they continue the rest of the day with more fun and learning. Play is important in the development of every child; it is an essential part in early learning and we provide this as often as possible. I believe that children learn best when they relate learning materials to meaningful experiences. The children will have opportunities to play together before going home. We end our day with an afternoon carpet time to wrap up and bid our teachers and friends farewell.
We look forward to a wonderful year of exploring and learning with your child. Thank you for entrusting your children with us. Rest assured that their best interest is our primary goal. You may get in touch with me through the Communications Notebook, my email (email@example.com) or by setting an appointment at the Admissions office (632-798-0011 Local 103 or 116).
Here are some reminders I would like to share with you:
- SCHOOL HOURS – 7:30 AM – 2:15 PM
- WEDNESDAYS – LATE START at 8:20 AM
- CLUB DAY – dismissal at 3:30 PM
- EARLY BIRDS (7:00-7:25 a.m.) – Students leave their bags in their cubbyholes and wait at the Multi-Purpose Hall (MPH).
- LATE COMERS – secure a late slip from Admissions Office
- DISMISSAL – Students wait at either the Nursery classroom or the Pre-Kindergarten classroom.
- MONDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS – your child can come to school wearing P.E. uniform
- FRIDAYS – Students have the option to wear casual clothes. Nail polish, make-up, jewelry (except for stud earrings), flamboyant hairstyles, and immodest style of clothes (e.g., short shorts, hanging shirt/top) are discouraged. They may come in their casual clothes on Fridays.
NOTEBOOKS and STUDENT PACKET
- NOTEBOOKS – Please cover all your child’s notebook with plastic cover.
- STUDENT PACKET – Supplies will be kept in the classroom to be used for our daily activities
- Students borrow and return books every TUESDAYS
- Please make sure that all of your child’s belongings are labelled with their complete name to avoid mix-ups and loses
- Please send a grooming kit (towel, comb/brush, baby cologne/powder, alcohol, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste and extra set of clothes, including underwear and socks, in case of accidents) with name labels to be left in school
FOOD AND MEDICATION
- Please pack healthy snacks and lunch for your child to be placed in a reusable plastic container.
- For those buying in the cafeteria, lunch must be pre-ordered on a daily or weekly basis through the cafeteria’s cashier. Orders will be sent to the classroom during lunch time. Please make sure to send cutleries everyday to limit the use of plastics at school.
- Please have your child bring reusable water bottle everyday
- MEDICATION – Give this along with instructions to the school nurse.
- Bean bags and sleeping mats are provided. Please send pillows and blanket for your child to use.
- Communication Notebook – Check for notes, sign, and send to school regularly
- We invite you to keep our communication open for concerns as well as to share your child’s success
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: cismconnect.org/mmolina