Welcome to CISM SY 2017-2018! I hope you had a fantastic break with your families and are eager to work in partnership with the school to ensure that your child continues to develop into becoming a well-rounded individual.
I am Ms. Myles to the students, and I teach English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies. I graduated from the University of the Philippines (Diliman) with a Master of Arts degree in Teaching in the Early Grades (Kindergarten to Grade 2). At the same school, I also took up Bachelor of Music in Music Education and graduated cum laude. For 15 years, I have worked as a licensed teacher at different international and progressive schools in Metro Manila. I am also a mother of three children ages 3, 5 and 6.
“BE BETTER THAN YOURSELF,” as William Faulkner said, is a goal that I would like to share with your children. It is a daily journey of knowing, accepting and celebrating their uniqueness — both their strengths and weaknesses, and carrying on towards gaining self-confidence and self-improvement. It is NOT about comparing themselves to others; thus becoming limited to what they THINK they cannot do, but about being motivated in giving their 100% in everything they do.
With this in mind, let us begin this academic year with much enthusiasm for a lot of fun learning!
- School hours — 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays — late start at 8:20 a.m.
- Club day — dismissal at 3:30 p.m. (with the exception of a few clubs)
- Early birds (7:00-7:25 a.m.) — waiting area at the Multi-Purpose Hall (MPH), with designated bag area on the first floor
- Latecomers — late slip from Admissions Office
- Dismissal — waiting area at the cafeteria
- Tuesdays and Fridays — P.E. kit and extra shirt sent
- Fridays — casual clothes (NO immodest style of clothes, expensive jewelry, make-up)
- Labeled with child’s name
- Water bottle – sent everyday
- Hygiene kit — extra clothes, underwear, socks, small towel, comb/brush placed in a small box or bag to keep at school
- Gadgets and toys — NOT ALLOWED unless required by a teacher for academic purposes
SUPPLIES AND NOTEBOOKS
- Student packet supplies — to keep at school
- Notebooks — labeled and covered with clear plastic; returned on or before August 14
FOOD AND MEDICATION
- Healthy food and drinks
- Medications and instructions – given directly to the school nurse
- Given only when necessary (maximum of 20 minutes)
- Homework notebook — signed and sent to school everyday
- Curriculum: cismanila-public.rubiconatlas.org