In Science, students looked into some of the properties of matter. They learned about texture, color, hardness, flexibility, strength and absorbency of different materials.
They worked in groups and in pairs so they could exchange ideas with each other and learn the concept of working together. They also performed tasks individually to build their confidence as well as find out how much they have learned.
The children have been doing a good job! Some of them started off as mere listeners, but eventually learned to either agree or disagree and explain their opinions. They tried to observe well and practiced thinking critically as they arranged the materials being tested.
- SCHOOL HOURS — 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- WEDNESDAYS — late start at 8:30 a.m.
- CLUB DAY — dismissal at 3:30 p.m. (with the exception of a few clubs)
- EARLY BIRDS (7:00-7:25 a.m.) — waiting area will be at the Multi-Purpose Hall (MPH) having a designated Bag Area on the first floor
- LATECOMERS — secure a late slip from Admissions Office
- DISMISSAL — waiting area at the cafeteria
- TUESDAYS AND FRIDAYS — bring P.E. kit and extra shirt
- FRIDAYS — casual clothes (NO immodest style of clothes, expensive jewelry, make-up, hair dye, flamboyant hairstyles)
- LABELED with child’s name
- WATER BOTTLE — send EVERYDAY
- HYGIENE KIT — extra clothes, underwear, socks, towel, comb/brush and apron placed in a small box or bag to be left at school
- GADGETS AND TOYS — NOT ALLOWED unless required by a teacher for academic purposes
SUPPLIES AND NOTEBOOKS
- STUDENT PACKET SUPPLIES — to be kept at school
- NOTEBOOKS — labeled and covered with clear plastic (returned on or before August 15)
FOOD AND MEDICATION
- HEALTHY food and drinks
- MEDICATION AND INSTRUCTIONS — given to the school nurse
- Returned on Wednesdays
- Assigned only when necessary (maximum of 20 minutes)
- ASSIGNMENT NOTEBOOK — check for notes, sign and send to school EVERYDAY
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: cismconnect.org/mpastor
Hello, Parents! Welcome to CISM SY 2016-2017! Here’s hoping you had a fantastic break with your families and are eager to work in partnership with the school to ensure that your child continues to develop and become a well-rounded individual.
My name is MS. MYLENE D. PASTOR (Ms. Myles), a mother of three and I will be your child’s Homeroom Teacher this school year. I will also be teaching English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies. I graduated from the University of the Philippines with a Master of Arts degree in Teaching in the Early Grades (Kindergarten to Grade 2). At the same school, I also took up Bachelor of Music in Music Education, and graduated cum laude. For 14 years, I have worked as a licensed teacher at different international and progressive schools in Metro Manila.
“BE BETTER THAN YOURSELF,” as William Faulkner said, is a goal that I would like to share with your children. It is a daily journey of knowing, accepting and celebrating their uniqueness — both their strengths and weaknesses, and carrying on towards gaining self-confidence and self-improvement. It is NOT about comparing themselves to others; thus becoming limited to what they THINK they cannot do, but about being motivated in giving their 100% in everything they do.
With this in mind, let us begin this academic year with much enthusiasm for a lot of fun learning!