Welcome to Grade 2MR!
Below are a few reminders for the school year. Please be guided accordingly
GRADE 2MR SCHEDULE
- SCHOOL HOURS – 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- WEDNESDAYS – Late Start at 8:20 a.m.
- EARLY BIRDS (7:00-7:25 a.m.) – Students leave their bags in designated areas along the first floor hallway, and wait at the cafeteria.
- LATECOMERS – Students secure a late slip from the Admissions Office.
- DISMISSAL – Students wait at the cafeteria.
- TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS – Students wear P.E. kit and bring a CISM shirt.
- FRIDAYS – Students have the option to wear casual clothes. Nail polish, make-up, jewelry (except for stud earrings), flamboyant hairstyles, and immodest style of clothes (e.g., short shorts, hanging shirt/top) are discouraged.
NOTEBOOKS, LIBRARY BOOKS, AND STUDENT PACKET
- NOTEBOOKS – Label, cover with clear plastic, and return on or before August 16.
- ASSIGNMENT NOTEBOOK – Check for notes, sign, and send to school everyday. Homework is assigned only when needed.
- LIBRARY BOOKS – Students borrow and return books on MONDAY.
- STUDENT PACKET – Supplies will be kept in the classroom.
- LABEL your child’s things with his/her full name and class.
- WATER BOTTLE should be sent to school everyday.
- HYGIENE KIT – Students leave extra clothes, underwear, socks, small towel, comb/ brush, and apron in a small box or bag at school.
- GADGETS AND TOYS are not allowed at school.
FOOD AND MEDICATION
- Healthy food and drinks (Chips and soda are highly discouraged.)
- MEDICATION – Give this along with instructions to the school nurse.
HOMEROOM TEACHER: Ms. Marie Antoinette Roxas (Ms. Maritoni)
Ms. Maritoni is the homeroom teacher of Grade 2MR. This is her third year of teaching in Chinese International School Manila. Prior to CISM, she also worked as a school teacher in various levels in Australian International School. She graduated from De La Salle University with a degree in BS-Early Childhood Education and received her Teaching License in 2011. She has also acquired Masteral Units in Educational Leadership and Management from the same University.
MANDARIN TEACHER: Ms.Viola Huang (Huang laoshi)
Viola’s Chinese name is Huang Fang. She is from Guizhou,which is located in the southwest part of China.She graduated from Guizhou Normal University with a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Major in English. She has lots of Mandarin and English teaching experience as a bilingual teacher at Qi Hang Education Center in Guizhou, China. She has been teaching Mandarin to Elementary school students at Bethel International School, Tacloban, Leyte, Philippines these past two years. She likes traveling abroad and making friends with local people so that she could learn multi-culture from them. She believes that every student is unique and should be taken seriously. Her goal is for students to develop divergent thinking while enjoying Mandarin language teaching.
MUSIC TEACHER: Ronald Peter T. Palma (Mr. Ronald)
Ronald holds a Bachelor of Music Major in Guitar degree from Centro Escolar University. In 2014, he earned his Master of Music in Performance: Guitar Arranging and Orchestration degree at IISF Nagoya Japan. Ronald has been teaching music for more than 15 years. This is his first year at CISM, and he is very excited to share his knowledge and God given talents with his students. He is married and has a son and a daughter.
VISUAL ARTS TEACHER: Nelson Suarez (Mr. Nelson)
Nelson Suarez teaches Visual Arts to elementary students at CISM. He is very passionate about creating Artwork and sharing his enthusiasm, skills, and values to educate young students. He also has a background as a Math teacher in the United States, graduated (2006) from the California Polytechnic University of Pomona in Pomona, California with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, and holds a Professional Engineering License. His technical background and life-long interest in the visual arts has enabled him to structure his work and teaching in a very clear and methodical way, making it engaging and fun, simple to understand and emulate. He believes it is important for young students to develop art skills and appreciation; nonetheless, he emphasizes the importance of original work, exploration, idea creation, imagination, expression, and even beauty that visual arts provides to his students empowering them to make a difference in their own lives and the world around them.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER: Zuriel
Zuriel handles the Physical Education class. He holds a Bachelor of Physical Education degree from the University of the Philippines, Diliman and is taking his Master’s degree in Human Movement Science from the same university. He has been teaching Physical Education for 5 years and it will be his 1st year teaching in Chinese International School Manila.
DIGITAL LITERACY TEACHER: Zen
Zen Martinez is the current Lower School Digital Literacy Teacher for Grades 1 to 4. She graduated from University of the Philippines. Zen taught Digital Literacy in the Upper School division of Chinese International School Manila (CISM) from 2016 to 2019. She is a Google Certified Educator. Zen loves teaching and learning about Digital Citizenship, Google Apps, Scratch, Makey Makey, Robotics, and MIT App Inventor.