Welcome to Pre-Kindergarten!
I am Ms. Cammy Legaspi and I will be your child’s homeroom teacher this school year. I graduated from University of Asia and the Pacific with a degree in Early Childhood and Education. I also finished my Master’s Degree on Early Childhood Development and Education in the same institution. I have been in this profession for seven years and this is my fifth year here at Chinese International School Manila.
Let me share with you a few points about my teaching philosophy. I believe that as an educator, my responsibility is to educate each and every child under my care. This aim on being able to educate goes beyond teaching. Teaching only imparts a specific knowledge or skill, while educating goes beyond it. I also believe in the interactive and formative approach to teaching wherein each and every child’s holistic development (cognitive, physical, emotional, social, and even spiritual) is taken into consideration. That being said, I view the child as an active learner – learning through self-discovery and exploration. In order to foster these developments, my role as a teacher, is to provide an enriching and stimulating environment for the children.
I am excited about the journey of fun and learning this year. Rest assured that our priority will always be for your child’s best interest in developing his/her utmost potential. Thank you for entrusting your child with us. You may get in touch with me through the Communication Notebook, my e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Here are some key points I would like to share with you:
- School Hours - 7:30 a.m to 2:15 p.m..
- Club Day – Dismissal is at 3:30 PM
- Wednesdays – Late Start at 8:20 a.m.
- Early Birds (7:00-7:25 a.m./ 8:00-8:15 a.m. on Wednesdays ) – Students leave their bags in their cubbyholes and wait at the MPH.
- Latecomers – Students secure a late slip from the Admissions Office.
- Dismissal – Students wait at the Nursery or Pre-K Classrooms.
- Being prompt gives the children a sense of security and discipline. Please pick up your child in a timely fashion.
- In case classes will be cancelled, a text blast is sent through the school cell number.
- Please ensure that your contact details are always updated with the office.
- School Uniform (Tuesdays and Thursdays) - Maroon and yellow school polo shirt, khaki pants for boys and khaki skirt for girls with white socks and black leather shoes.
- PE Uniform (Mondays and Wednesdays) - CISM PE shirt and maroon shorts with white socks and rubber shoes. Please have your child bring a face towel to wipe off sweat and their complete uniform to change intoafter.
- Free Dress Friday (Fridays) - Casual clothes. However, they should dress smartly and appropriately – no high heels or anything that may compromise their comfort safety.
- These should be coursed through the school nurse.
SNACKS AND LUNCH
- Please pack healthy snacks and lunch for your child to be placed in a reusable plastic container to avoid spillage and easier use. This will allow your child to open his snack on his own, teaching responsibility and independence.
- For packed rice meals, may I kindly suggest that food be cut-up to bite size pieces to avoid delay and to give your child ample time to eat.
- For those buying at the cafeteria, lunch must be pre-ordered on a daily or weekly basis through the cafeteria’s cashier. Orders will be sent to the classroom during Lunch time. Please make sure to send in cutleries everyday to limit the use of plastic at school.
- Please have your child bring a water bottle everyday.
- Bean bags for the children are provided. You may also send in blankets or pillows.
- Please send a grooming kit (baby cologne/powder, hair brush, alcohol, wet wipes and an extra set of clothes, including underwear, in case of accidents) with name labels to be left in their cubbyholes.
- Children get anxious when they lose little things. To avoid mix-ups and losses, please label all of your child’s things.
- To be returned every Friday
- Please cover all of your child’s notebooks with plastic cover. These will be sent on the first day of school, Tuesday, 6thth of August and to be returned the following week, Monday, 12th of August.
COMMUNICATION and HOMEWORKS
- Communication Notebook – We invite you to keep our communication open for concerns as well as to share your child’s successes.
- Email – email@example.com
- Blog – cismconnect.org/plegaspi
- There is no homework for Pre-Kindergarten except for daily reading time and sight word review (in the succeeding quarters).
- Over the remainder of the course of the year, the school will be celebrating various events. We hope to see you actively participate in these. Children take great pride in having their parents become a part of their school lives. This influences their disposition on school and learning.
HOMEROOM TEACHER: Ms. Paulina Carmen Corazon V. Legaspi (Ms. Cammy)
Ms. Cammy will be your child’s homeroom teacher this school year. She graduated from the University of Asia and the Pacific with a degree in Early Childhood and Education. She also finished her Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Development and Education in the same institution. She has been in this profession for eight years and this would be her sixth year at Chinese International School Manila. She is also this school year’s EY/ES Social Studies Subject Leader. She is very excited to embark on the journey of fun and learning this year.
TEACHING ASSISTANT: Ms. Shaira Anne A. Catungal (Ms. Shaira)
Ms. Shaira graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education from De La Salle University-Manila in 2016. She got her teaching license the same year. She loves working with children; in fact, she started leading Girl Scouts at 14 years old. She has been teaching for three years and this school year will be her third year at CISM.